Monday, February 8, 2010

Skip James - The Very Best Of - Heroes Of The Blues

The blues starts here the label reads...
yet another
Skip James release. And why
did you do that Mojo?
Well, every time you
buy another CD or album, they all
have different
tracks on 'em.
The record companies are just
toying with me,and making me buy more

and more music.
But I'm fine with that.
Just give
me enough varied tracks so it's worth
it to buy...I
want more undiscovered gems,or
songs I never heard before.This release has a
slightly different track listing,and therefore worth
getting. In fact,this label Shout Factory! released
some others in this series: you also must own them all!
Furry Lewis,Rev. Gary Davis, Ma Rainey, Son House,
and Mississippi Fred McDowell. Ooh, I'm all
over these,they're great!
You must first listen to "Crow Jane".
Here's the tracks:
1.22-20 Blues 2.Little Cow,Little Calf Is Gonna Die
3.Special Rider Blues 4.Vicksburg Blues 5. 61 Highway
6.How Long Blues 7.Sick Bed Blues
8. I Don't Want A Woman To Stay Up All Night Long
9.Hard Time Killing Floor Blues 10.Skip's Worried Blues
11.Illinois Blues 12.Cypress Grove Blues
13.Cherry Ball Blues 14.Crow Jane
15.Everybody's Leaving Here 16.I'm So Glad.
Enjoy the music while you can
!
Heroes Of The Blues

3 comments:

Timmy said...

great collection here, I can't wait to get the rare stuff, too! Thanx... I also dig the cover art masterpiece by R. Crumb.

garage 66 & mojo repair shop said...

I love the R.Crumb blues artists cards/album covers,etc. R. Crumb helped with a box set of 2 discs of music from the 20's and 30's,did anyone get that? It's called The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of -Super Rarities & Unissued Gems of the 1920's & '30's 2 Disc set (2006/Yazoo Records)
You must have this! The stories in the box,which looks like a book are wild.

Timmy said...

Yes, Mojo, I have that "Stuff" 2CD box! It is truely great. I should have been included in that collectors collection... HA!