Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ride Daddy Ride Vintage Songs About Sex 1927-1953 Re-Up

Re-Up of this release from very first post on this site.
I might have had technical problems as it was my first post here.
So here it is again, re-uped for your ears, to coincide with
"Hot'n'Sexy - Copulation Blues 1926-1940" (2000) from
Twilightzone's post of more "ancient sex related" songs, that somehow
slipped under the radar of censors back in the 1920's- 1950's.
Great pulp fiction covers. Vintage Songs 1927-1953 featuring
Bo Carter's "Let Me Roll Your Lemon", and Wynonie Harris's
"She Kept Sittin' On It" which is a howl! Old time-y raunchy blues,
that sometimes had double meanings. You would never hear songs
like this anymore, and maybe that's a good thing! Fun stuff!
http://rapidshare.com/files/112996641/Ride_Daddy_Ride-Vintage_Songs_About_Sex_1927-1953.rar.html

3 comments:

Amy Crehore said...

oh boy...I just found your blog. I will have to put you on my blogroll and come back when I
have more time. Just uploaded a version of a Bo Carter song to my website player a couple days ago, too.
Love this stuff.
And some of the other music you are posting about! Open my eyes, Mojo repair man.
Amy

garage66 said...

Um,thanks for coming to this site.
I thinks it's about opening people's ears up. And it's like radio for the net,one album at a time.The radio gig is kinda limited,so I do this for fun,and on the side... I'm actually a girl repairing mojos,sorry if I dissapoint you.

Amy Crehore said...

Yeah, you are right..it's about opening ears.
More power to ya, girl. No you don't dissapoint. Your blog is a lot of fun. Thanks!