Friday, March 28, 2008

Jon Wayne- Texas Funeral




The theme this week is weird. Okay,for those of you who don't know about this...Let me introduce you to thee weirdest record ever. It defies description in some ways...but I will still try to describe this so that you listen to it....so that you know what you're getting....it's part cowpunk, part white trash, part comedy, part blues, and it's odd. Every song has the theme of "Texas" in the title. Is that enough?

You need this record in your life. It'll make you smile. I don't know if the people in this band were a real band or a make-shift studio band, but it's brilliant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What's a good theme. I read your post, that's great. Thanks for this great post.

alice

Korla said...

Hi, i love this album but treated the vinyl pretty rough nonetheless in the last 20+ years. So i would really really appreciate it, if you could upload this gem again. Would be eternally thankfull!

Korla said...

Could you upload this again, please? i love this album, but mine is pretty worn out. would be great to have another version. this would make me very very happy!

Bile said...

I'm going through some of your older posts and came upon this. I almost spewed my coffee all over my monitor! I can't believe that only one person thanked you for this. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest albums of all time. Absolutely NOT politically correct on so many levels, but that just adds to its greatness.

As I understand it, this band is made up of members from other bands. But they prefer to remain incognito (for obvious reasons).

They made one more album (which you should post if you have it), but it's not quite as epic as this one.

You should move this post back to the top page of your wonderful blog -- more people should get acquainted with this album.