Monday, March 10, 2008

Like An Atom Bomb- Apocalyptic Songs From The Cold War







Like An Atom Bomb...more from the series on Buzzola/Chrome Dreams records out of the UK.
18 Tracks featuring Hank Williams "No No Joe",
Sonny Boy Williamson "Win The War Blues",
Lightnin' Hopkins "Sad News From Korea", The Buchanan Brothers "Atomic Power". Not all depressing in nature, but some are just completely out of date, and funny. You're see what I mean when you hear "Jesus Is The First Line Of Defense" By The Pilgrim Travellers. If I was in a bomb shelter,this would be the last record I'd bring in with me...

3 comments:

Howdy said...

Hey Any Chance of a repost? Just found your blog off the twighlight zone. I really like your posts! thanks!

1nemo1 said...

Also just found your fabulous blog. Would love reposts of the 2 buzzola Cd's. Thanks!!!

I Love Beefheart said...

Like Red Neckerson, I just found your blog through Twilight Zone. Would love a repost of all your Buzzola ones too...